- The upper age limit to be eligible for JEE Main 2016 is 25, as on October 1, 2016.
- This age limit is relaxed by five years for SC, ST, PwD candidates.
- Candidate should have either appeared in class 12 in 2014, 2015 or 2016.
- If candidate appeared for class XII exams in 2013 and did not pass / qualify that year; but passed in 2014 are also not eligible.
- In class 10+2, candidate should have studied at least five main subjects.
Date of Birth:
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1991 are
eligible. In case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years. Date of birth as recorded in the 10th Class Certificate will only be considered.
Year of Passing Qualifying Examination (QE):
Only those candidates who have appeared their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main).
Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE): Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main) – 2016. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main) 2016.